The Sony G-master 24mm f/1.4 GM is a fast Full frame wide-angle lens that features a constant f/1.4 maximum aperture benefiting work in low-light conditions and selective focus techniques. It supports consistent performance regarding exposure settings and focus placement throughout the zoom range for increased control over depth of field.
- The optical design incorporates three extra-low dispersion elements to reduce chromatic aberrations and two XA (extreme aspherical) elements, which significantly control spherical aberrations for a high degree of image sharpness and clarity. Additionally, a Nano AR coating has been applied to limit ghosting and lens flare for increased contrast and colour fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- For controlling focus, a Direct Drive SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) is employed that is quick and quiet and lends more responsive control for manual focus operation. The lens also sports a dust- and moisture-sealed design and fluorine-coated front lens element to support shooting in inclement conditions and a dedicated focus hold button, AF/MF switch, and manual aperture ring lend further control while shooting.
- The lens is both compact and the lightest in its class, maximising portability. It also offers fast, precise AF drive, top-level control and reliability.
- Includes the Two XA elements and Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements to effectively suppress chromatic aberration. This innovative optical design minimises sagittal flare so that point light sources are accurately reproduced.
- An 11-blade circular aperture allows natural soft bokeh. A minimum focusing distance of 0.24 meters and a maximum of 0.17x, which can produce dramatic perspectives.